Day before moving day
- Identify any extra-fragile items needing special attention. If certain items should not be packed or moved, mark them appropriately.
- Label any items or boxes you will want first when the truck arrives at your new home (valuables, electronics, etc.).
- If you’re doing your own packing, please make sure everything is ready to go before moving day. Be sure boxes have plenty of cushion. Upon arrival, team lead will check to see if boxes have been properly pack. Boxes must be taped closed, movers will not move miscellaneous items (dvd, remote, cable box, etc.). Movers are not responsible for pack by owner boxes, if damages occur.
- If B&W Moving is packing your items, collect things you definitely want packed together, such as children’s toys and place in separate groups.
- Furniture: Dressers/Chest of drawers, you may keep your clothes in them. However, if the furniture is a heavy type dresser, movers may request that you lighten up the load and remove items.
- Furniture: Kitchen tables, we usually remove the legs and tape screws to table. If you have another option to keep screws, please have them handy and label. This goes for bedding, dresser mirrors, etc.
- It will be helpful you have names for each room. When movers perform blanket/shrink wrapping services they can pencil in name on tape.
- Unplug all electronics, appliances in advance of a move, so they can be a room temperature on moving day.
- Movers will not reconnect any appliance (due to liability purposes), have tools on standby or you can borrow tools from movers.